Sunday, January 8, 2012

Make a Resolution.

Stiving to create more art in the New Year.
New Year's came and went with cold starry skies and air frigid enough to finally get a few skating rinks put up in the city. We spent the evening with the husbands family eating Chinese food and scarfing down leftover Christmas treats. The children played the Wii and sang along to some karaoke. My husband and I ruined our kids festivities by dragging them away from their cousins at too early an hour. Maybe it was the over consumption of food and drink, or maybe it was the cumulation of too many hours not sleeping but my husband and I were tired and ready to get home. Hubby can always be counted on to fall asleep on the couch no matter what the occassion. My sons were upset at having to leave the party. They went straight to bed. My daughter and I were the only ones who rang in the new year...and we did it with sparkly hats and horns (which by the way barely roused my sleeping spouse).
Resolutions. None. I could make a few, but who am I kidding? 
Who can give up Seafoam Floats?
Eat better? Ha! Not while Hershey still churns out the hugs and kisses! Eat less? Nope. I am a busy woman on the go with one dog, two jobs, three children and a blog. Exercise? Well, maybe. Said dog needs to be walked, the children need chasing and the blog certainly gets my fingers a-tapping! Travel? Clean the house? Sort stuff? Resolutions that include random acts of kindness and world peace? Maybe; in a parallel universe. In an ideal world we wouldn't have to make resolutions at all. In a less ideal world we would make resolutions more than once a year and in reality? We all make resolutions and barely keep them. So I didn't make any this year. Instead of focusing on some pre-determined agenda that I set after two weeks of gluttony and excess I have decided instead to do the best I can every single day. Today I worked, took my son to hockey and wrote this blog post. I made an overture of kindness to a peer and wished a friend happy birthday. I hugged and kissed my family and the only chocolate I ate was a couple of the cookies that my daughter made. All of this makes my new year pretty good already. Now. I am off to write. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment